Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pier 84

While I was pregnant, this is what I envisioned in my head.

The baby would wake up around 7:00 AM. I would get up, bright eyed and bushy tailed and head over to the gym, while leaving Finn with his daddy. I would get home, take a shower, play with the baby, get some work done for 37 Arts, run my errands with a happy and cooing baby in the stroller, maybe stop in at happy hour with friends, again all with a happy, cooing, laughing baby in tow.

A little bit not so much at all.

First of all (and, yes I know, I should count my blessings) I can not get my child up before 9:00 AM. Ever. So our day doesn't even get started until after 10:00 AM. The gym thing, while important, has been losing in the battle. So therefore I have been trying to at the very least take long walks with Finn in the evenings. Our new favorite place is Pier 84 at 44th Street and The West Side Highway. Todd came with us the other night. It's a great walk and a beautiful view and sunset.

No comments: