Sunday, August 3, 2008

Run Krista, Run

We took our regular walk to the pier on Saturday night. I decided to continue up the bike path headed north. We ended up a little past the 79th Street Boat Basin. I stopped at about 85th street (mind you, I started at 45th and 9th avenue) I watched the sun set and nursed Finn. I started hearing thunder and saw lighting on the New Jersey side. I figured we were good for another hour or so. I realized pretty quickly I was wrong. I started heading back home. At about 70th street, I knew we were in trouble. The impending storm was almost on top of us. I cut to the left and went over to Riverside Drive. No cab in sight. Doubled back, cut across 65 Street . . . .as the sky's opened up. I pulled the collapsible cover over the stroller/car seat and put a baby blanket over what wasn't covering him. And then I ran. I ran, ran, ran. Man alive, when you need to run, you just do it. So I booked it over to West End Avenue and down a few blocks turning every ten seconds or so to see if there was a cab anywhere. Finally one pulled up. I threw the car seat in the back, the stroller in the trunk and we headed down to the apartment. Not the best outing we've had. Before all this though, I got some great shots of our little adventure.


No comments: